Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Have a Confession


     Howdy y’all. Sorry I’ve been MIA this past week. I had this stupid cold that I finally got over. Sniffles still linger, but that’s a cold for you. Feeling much better, still feel a bit weak and out of sorts, but getting there. Thanks for all the well wishes. This will be a short post this week, I’m afraid. Have a lot to do and not moving all that fast, so takes me a bit longer. 

     So…as many of you know, I’ve had a rough couple of weeks. Yeah, it’s been really rough. Unfortunately, I tend to fall into some old habits when I get really down. Of course having a cold didn’t help all that much. It only compounded things which made it worse, if you really want to know. 

     I have a confession to make. Yeah…well…here is my confession. I started drinking… a lot. I went through a gallon in two days if that gives you any indication as to how much I’ve been drinking. Sometimes I’d start right after my morning coffee. That is something new for me. I usually waited until at least after a late breakfast or even lunch. Nope, I was that bad off. 

     I’m not talking about some little glass either. I’m talking sixteen ounce tumbler size glasses. I’d pull one out and just fill’er up. Down that hatch. Glug. Glug. Glug. Yes, I’m ashamed of my actions, but I just couldn’t help it. I was pretty down. 

     One day, I had finished the second gallon, took a nap and when I woke up, I went and got another gallon. I at least waited until I got it home to open it up. It would have been really bad if I had started drinking when I was driving not to mention messy. But once I got home…damn, I went right to it. Ended up having two naps that day. I have a problem. I know it. No needs to tell me. 

     It could have been worse, ya know? If they delivered it, I’d be a goner. I would be willing to bet that if they did deliver it, I doubt I would have left the house over the past week or so. I’d have stayed in bed and just drank myself into a total stupor. Now that would have been a pretty sight. NOT! 

     So, this week I have promised myself to take it easy. I will make an effort to make one gallon stretch. We’ll see how I do I guess. I may be reaching out for support. I have a problem and I know it. I need to put on my big boy pants and just deal with it, right? Sometimes I am weak though. No one is perfect, especially not me. 

     Hey, at least I have taken the first step in admitting that I have a problem right? Things can get better. I know they will. I just need to be strong right now, which is easier said than done. Maybe I need to think about a twelve –step program. 

     Anyone know where there is a Milk Anonymous group? 

     Wait—what did you think I was talking about? Milk people. Milk. I’m a Milk-a-holic! 


     Sheesh…so much for support.
     
     Have a grrreat week, y’all. 

     Max












10 comments:

  1. You're right, Max- people know nothing of each of our individual battles. xxx I'm right there with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This right here is why I love you. You wonderfully cheeky imp you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has your same addiction - and I am his enabler/provider! :) Hope you keep feeling better, Max. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the naps that threw me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a Taurus too and have to really watch excesses. Be careful and keep writing taboo books--loved Going Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of you... And milk addiction is not so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a cow Max Vos!! Got me all worked up until I realised you were sucking on udders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Max. You shithead, you had me going. I was almost in tears over your fucking problem! I should know better when it comes to you. Good thing I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Dennis and um a milk a holic

    ReplyDelete