Monday, May 9, 2016

Yep... More Ramblings...


     So…What’s been going on? Yeah, I know this is a few days late, but honestly, I’ve really been busy. I’ll try and do better. Promise.

     Ugh… it is has been a busy last few weeks. As some of you may know, the Aussie Tart (TAT) and I have been working on a major house renovation, with the help of Studly-Do-Right. It has been a long process, but I think we did a pretty good job. I have some photos, but they are not complete, so I’ll post some on FB and perhaps Instagram later on.
     Sadly, I’ve gotten very little writing done and I’m anxious to get back to this work in progress. It’s one that I started over 2 years ago and ended up setting it aside for a bit. I sometimes do that if I get stuck or if something else comes up. Unlike the last book I worked on, it is not quite as heavy.
     Funny thing is, after I read through what I’d written I was… well horrified, if I’m to be totally honest with myself. It was pretty bad. It sometimes amazes me how much I’ve grown as a writer. I’m sure my poor editor will be happy that I scraped the whole thing and started over. Yep, I ditched everything I’d written and started over. That was hard to do since I was about halfway done with the thing. Oh well, I’d rather do that than put out that kind of crap.

     I recently received an email asking if I was planning on continuing the Memory series. The simple answer is yes. Well, at least one more about the Sutton family. I do like the story and feel it has at least one more installment. After that I have something in mind that is a spin off from their story. I’ll keep that as a surprise for later.
     Now I have a question for y’all…
     If you’ve read the Memory series, do you prefer the small installments or would you rather have a full length book? I’m pretty good either way, so I’ll let you, the readers decide.
     Speaking of writing…
     Y’all wouldn’t believe how many how many story lines I’ve got jotted down. I had an idea not long ago and went to write it down before I forgot it. Damn, I have about twelve full length book ideas sitting there waiting to be written. I guess I should get busy, huh?
     What else…
     Yesterday we were driving home from the other house… at 8:00 p.m. (Yeah, another long ass day), and we drove past downtown. Now, you need to understand that downtown here is about two square blocks. Yeah, it is a tiny little town. But they were having the monthly Friday night street party. They often have a live band, arts and crafts, small businesses have booths set up and there is all kinds of food.
     The place was packed. The lake was off in the distance, the sun was just setting and it was so nice to see so many people out. There were lots of families, young people, and retirees, just a mixed bag of people. It was nice to see.

     One of the reasons why I like this little town is they are always doing something. The last Saturday of the month they have what they call a Classic Drive In. It’s basically every classic car enthusiast showing off their old cars. I just love that. So many cool ol’ cars. They always have a good turnout. If I were to win the lottery I’d participate. Yeah, I’ve always wanted a classic Cadillac Biarritz. That has always been my dream car. Not sure why. Just something that I’ve always liked.
     I’m starting to ramble…


     In a few weeks I’m going to be 55. To be honest, I didn’t think I’d live this long. Back in the 80’s and 90’s, with the AIDS epidemic killing off most of my friends, I just assumed that I’d be one of those statistics. Well, I’ve made it this far so I guess I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. Initially, I’d planned to go to New York City for Fleet Week. That’s something I’d always wanted to do but since I’d was just there, I’ll forgo that. Besides I don’t think my poor feet could do another NYC visit. I have no plans for the upcoming event. To me, it’s just another day.
     OH! I almost forgot…
     I have a new release coming out. Don’t know if you’ve heard about it or not, but A Bear in Paris is up for pre-order on Amazon. It’s just a novella, but I did love writing it. Did I mention that it was for charity? I was so honored to be asked to participate in this project. Go get yours now. It will be available May 24th.
     The idea is that pairs of authors were to write a story together with the theme being the four seasons in Paris. Since I loved my week in Paris two years ago, I had no problem with the subject matter. There really is something magical about the City of Lights. I can’t wait to return. Of course, I plan to eat as many French pastries as I can! I got summer, so it was easy for me.
     All proceeds go to help LGBT youth in France, Italy and the US. All are stellar charities that do a lot of good. I hope that everyone will run off and get a copy. It will help many young people. Here is the buy link.

     That brings me to ask… Have you done something for someone else this week? I have a feeling that y’all did, I know I did. As I often say, it doesn’t have to be much. It might not even have cost you a penny. Sometimes just a smile, a quick hello is all it takes.
     That’s all I got for this week. Go forth and conquer y’all.
     Have a good week.
     Max

Now... go read a book. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment