Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Week in Review and a Challenge


     So… it’s been one of those weeks. Not even sure if I’ll get to post this on time or not, I guess that depends on Matthew.

     NOTE: Yay! The power here only blinked a few times so I was able to get it all done and posted!
     Hmm… a storm…
     For those of you who may not know, I’ve hunkered down to ride out hurricane Matthew. I spent days preparing, hobbling around, doing what I could. I think I did pretty well considering how slow I’ve been moving about. But I got most everything I wanted done, done. Have I mentioned how much I hate crutches? Go me!

     As I sit and write this, it is raining cats and dogs and the wind is gusting about. The real bad part of the storm won’t hit for a few more hours yet. I’m sure I will lose power at some point and have no clue as to how long it will be before I get it back. Why I’m not sure if I’ll get to post this on time or not… but I’ll get it up when I can.

     A week in review…
     Wow, I was so busy this past week. I was trying to catch up on things as well as prepare for the storm. For the past two weeks I’ve pretty much been out of commission because of this stupid foot. I’ve decided that crutches are evil. I’ve tried to play catch up as well as get ready for Matthew, so yeah, I’ve been busy.
     One of the things I managed to accomplish, which was number one on my to-do-list, was to go and visit and tour the Zebra Coalition in Orlando. They help, take care of and nurture young LGBT youth from the age of 13 through 24. I wanted to see their facility for myself and meet some of the people there running things. I was so impressed that I almost cried.
     The one thing that I’ve always looked for in non-profits is how they well they use services from other organizations. Well, they people have all those bases covered! For a first time meeting, I learned a lot. I look forward to being more involved with this group.

     Feelin’ good…
     I want to give a shout out to my fellow author, A. E. Via. She always surprises me. On her monthly blog she said that ‘Life After Living’ was one of her top five must reads for 2016. Yeah, that kind of blew me away coming from such an incredible author in her own right. Thank you, Ms. Via!
Link to see for yourself.

     What else…
     Unfortunately, I’ve been in a bit of a writing rut. After my graceful decent from a curb, I was a bit woozy from the pain meds. Then I couldn’t get physically comfortable to write. But even before that, I was struggling. I just wasn’t in the mood. I would have all kinds of new story ideas that I liked, but I just couldn’t bring myself to sit and write.
     I could always force myself to sit and write, but that never seems to work. It always comes out as forced. That was painfully obvious the last time I did that. I ended up trashing most of it and starting over when I got over the hump. Thing is, I don’t remember ever having such a long period of time where I didn’t want to write. Not sure what is up with that. I think I need to go back to doing ‘Flash Fiction’ exercises. Who knows, that might jar something lose up in my head. Um… that might not be a good such a good thing… I have enough rattling around up there as it is.

     Moving right along…
     Wow, I was looking for some inspiration for something fun, or funny to blog about this week and I came up with nothing. It all seems to be bad news. That makes me very sad.
     Pfft… I’ll make my own humour…
     I was just wondering after reading one little thing that happened on some TV show. A straight male, macho film star, kissed the show’s host. It’s been done before, right? Was it that big a deal? I’m not sure. I’m curious now. How many heterosexual men would actually kiss another man?

     Anyone feel like testing this out? If you know or have straight friends or work colleges why not ask them?
     1. Would you kiss another man?
     2. Would you do it if it would help anti-homophobicism? (Is there such a word?)
     3. Would it be just a quick peck on the lips?
     4. Would you be open to a full-make out type kiss that lasts say, 30 seconds?
     Makes me wonder if this has ever been tested out before? Does anyone know? I’ll be interested to see if anyone actually does this. LOL
     Anyway, I think that’s about all I have for this week. Remember to and collect some of those golden Karma Coins. Do something nice for someone else and please, let me know about it, no matter how big or small. I want to hear some good things for a change.
     Have a grrreat week, y’all.
     Max



No comments:

Post a Comment